I Need Your Love & Friendship

Friendship may be said to require natures so rare and costly, each so well tempered and so happily adapted, and withal so circumstanced, (for even in that particular, a poet says, love demands that the parties be altogether paired,) that its satisfaction can very seldom be assured. It cannot subsist in its perfection, say some of those who are learned in this warm lore of the heart, betwixt more than two. I am not quite so strict in my terms, perhaps because I have never known so high a fellowship as others. I please my imagination more with a circle of godlike men and women variously related to each other, and between whom subsists a lofty intelligence. But I find this law of _one to one_ peremptory for conversation, which is the practice and consummation of friendship. Do not mix waters too much. The best mix as ill as good and bad. You shall have very useful and cheering discourse at several times with two several men, but let all three of you come together, and you shall not have one new and hearty word. Two may talk and one may hear, but three cannot take part in a conversation of the most sincere and searching sort. In good company there is never such discourse between two, across the table, as takes place when you leave them alone. In good company, the individuals merge their egotism into a social soul exactly co-extensive with the several consciousnesses there present. No partialities of friend to friend, no fondnesses of brother to sister, of wife to husband, are there pertinent, but quite otherwise. Only he may then speak who can sail on the common thought of the party, and not poorly limited to his own. Now this convention, which good sense demands, destroys the high freedom of great conversation, which requires an absolute running of two souls into one. Imagine peace in the world in our life time!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Pregnancy & Childbirth Spotlight

Baby Kicking Pregnant Belly

This is typically a favorite milestone in pregnancy - fetal movement. As a pregnant mom, you wait for it and then you worry over it. Enough movement? Too much movement? When can you share this feeling? Here are answers to your questions.
Read more
Further Reading

* When Will Others Feel Baby Move?
* Fetal Kick Counts
* How Baby Movements Feel

Pregnancy & Childbirth Spotlight10
Robin's Pregnancy / Birth Blog
Add to:

* iGoogle
* My Yahoo!
* RSS

How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Monday August 16, 2010

Stretch Marks photo

Stretch marks are something most pregnant women fear. While a majority of women will see a telltale mark or two, many are relieved to find that stretch marks are not nearly as awful as they had once believed. I know my big concern was stretch marks on my abdomen. I hadn't even considered finding them elsewhere. Did you know that you can get stretch marks in other places?

Learn what you can about stretch marks and Realize that if you do get stretch marks, there are things that you can do to get rid of stretch marks or at least treat them and make them much less visible.

Related:

* How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
* Stretch Mark Photo Gallery
* Add Your Stretch Mark Photos
* 6 Unexpected Places to Find Stretch Marks
* What will stretch marks look like after I give birth?
* Pregnancy Skin Care Guide


* Comments (0)
* Permalink
* Share

Due in April 2011?
Sunday August 15, 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know that the April 2011 Due Date Forum is now up and running! It's a great place to meet others who are due near your due date and to chat about what's going on in your pregnancy right now. There is also the main pregnancy forum and the baby names forum for more pregnancy fun. If you're due in another month, I have a due date forum for that too!

I'll see you there!

* Comments (0)
* Permalink
* Share

Three Trimesters of Pregnancy
Saturday August 14, 2010


Everyone probably knows that there are three trimesters of pregnancy. What you may not know is that each trimester is vastly different in terms of what you need to know about daily life, pregnancy testing and just getting around. Here I've broken down the trimesters for you and placed the relevant information inside:


* First Trimester
* Second Trimester
* Third Trimester



Related:

* Due Date Calculator
* Due Date Forums
* Pregnancy Calendar
* Belly Gallery


Photo © J. Reid

* Comments (2)
* Permalink
* Share

Why have a doula?
Friday August 13, 2010

As Noa's second birthday approaches later this month, I can't help but go over her birth in my mind. I remember fondly the days leading up to her birth. I was surrounded by friends and family after a loss and they really kept me bolstered and focused on the baby. My husband was great with the kids, getting them up and ready and out the door in the morning. But one of the things that really stands out were my doulas. (Yes, I had more than one.) Once our call came that we were ready, they came quickly and quietly. They assessed the situation and seamlessly integrated and started doing things. They brought us snacks, rubbed my back, brought cold clothes, entertained my older kids and took photos. The entire time the worked behind the scenes to ensure that my birth would be as close to my ideal as possible, which included my husband playing a large role. My husband was able to focus solely on me and my needs and this is why I have a doula at my birth. What reasons would you hire a doula?

No comments:

Post a Comment